Excellence in Tourism Leadership Program
How Does the Program Work?
- Those interested in participating in the certificate program must fill out an application that includes a letter of support from your employer or from the tourism organization that you support. Class size is limited so program entry is competitive.
- Participants must be either employed in the tourism sector, own a tourism related business, or serve in a volunteer role for an organization or tourism initiative. Board members of tourism related organizations are encouraged to apply.
- The entire program lasts for up to two years with the first year aimed participants completing the requirements for an Associate Certificate.
- Year two will include the completion of a project, additional course work, a presentation to the class, and the achievement of a Master Certificate. Participants must complete year one to be eligible for year two’s programming.
- Substitute electives will be considered and must be approved by the project manager.