Homeland Security Training
GCD works with the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, the Mississippi Office of Homeland Security, the Mississippi State Department of Health, and the Mississippi Board of Animal Health to provide training, seminars, and workshops for local government and emergency management officials.
- Continuing education and professional development certifications for local emergency managers in partnership with the Mississippi Civil Defense Emergency Management Association.
- Coordination of certification programs for 911 call center telecommunicators and directors in conjunction with the Mississippi Department of Public Safety’s Board of Standards & Training.
- Training for emergencies in wilderness and remote environments.
- National Incident Management System training in Incident Command System (ICS) for elected and appointed local and state officials.
Training provided by GCD personnel includes:
- ICS 100/200/700
- ICS 300
- ICS 400
- NIMS ICS All Hazards Position Specific Program
- Volunteer & Donations Management*
- There, Aware, & Care
For more information, contact Anne Howard Hilbun at email@example.com or by phone at 662-325-3141.
ICS training dates and locations are also listed on the GCD calendar.
*This training series was developed with support from United States Department of Agriculture National Institute for Food and Agriculture grant #14-41210-22284, “Preparing Mississippi for future disasters-Incident Command System-rebuild and renew (ICS-R2)”.
These 6 hour trainings are for community, local government, non-governmental organization, and faith-based institution leaders. The training will help potential workers in any warehouse, Point of Distribution, Emergency Operations Center, or Volunteer Resource Center, which might be established after a disaster. The day's training will conclude with a Federal Emergency Management Agency-designed exercise for all to participate in to review topics covered during the session. For information about how to bring this training to your state or community, please contact Anne-Howard Hilbun at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 662-325-3141.